Accidents and injuries can happen anywhere, at any time. This is especially true for the workplace. To learn more about being injured at work and the most common workplace injuries in the United States, continue reading. If you have been injured on the job, do not hesitate to reach out to our team at AllianceMeds to learn the steps you can take following your injuries.
What jobs have the highest injury rates?
The jobs that have the highest injury rates include the following:
- Service workers such as firefights and police officers
- Transportation and shipping workers
- Manufacturing and production workers
- Installation, maintenance, and repair workers
- Construction workers
However, it is important to understand that you can sustain injuries at any job. If you have been injured at work, it is necessary to get the assistance you need as soon as the accident occurs.
What are the most common workplace injuries?
There are a variety of injuries that can be sustained from a workplace accident. The most common types of injuries that keep employees out of work include the following, according to the National Safety Council:
- Slip or trip and fall accidents
- Being struck, crushed, or caught in a structure
- Overexertion, such as repetitive motions and lifting/lowering
- Sprains, strains, or muscle tears
- Soreness or pain
What steps should I take after sustaining workplace injuries?
It is important to have a plan after you have been injured on the job. Take the following steps to receive workers’ compensation following your accident:
- Alert your employer of the accident.
- Seek medical treatment immediately.
- Be sure to tell the medical professionals how the injury occurred.
- Submit to reasonable examinations scheduled by the insurance carrier.
- Inform the insurance carrier if your income changes.
- Inform the insurance carrier how you can be reached.
- Retain the services of an experienced worker’s compensation attorney as soon as possible.
If you have recently been injured on the job, it is important to take action immediately. Reach out to our firm today to discover how we can assist you. Our team is prepared to help, no matter the circumstances of your injuries. To learn more about our services, contact us today.
If you have become the victim of an on-the-job injury, it may be beneficial to speak with an attorney and the doctor that is treating you to determine how to make the process as easy as possible. AllianceMeds understands that a workplace accident can be challenging and is here to help. We will deliver your medication to your door using overnight delivery and cover any out-of-pocket expenses that may arise. If you have any questions about how we can help, contact AllianceMeds today.