You may require compensation if you have been injured at work to cover the burdens of medical bills, lost wages, and more. However, in some cases, workers’ compensation claims are denied. To learn more about what you can do if your workers’ compensation claim was denied, continue reading and reach out to our workers’ compensation pharmacy for injured workers.
What are the reasons a claim would be denied?
There are various reasons for a workers’ compensation claim to be denied including the following:
- The injured party did not receive medical treatment.
- An employer can claim the individual was not truly injured if a doctor was not seen.
- The injury is not compensable.
- For example, a stress-related injury is challenging to prove in court.
- The insurance claim was not filed in time.
- The injury was not reported in time.
- Each state has differing laws regarding the time period an individual will have to report the incident and injury to an employer to receive benefits.
- The individual’s employer disputed the claim and this dispute was successful.
- If the employer claims the injuries happened as a result of horseplay or the person was performing non-work-related tasks when they became injured, the claim may be denied.
- It is not possible to prove that the injury occurred at work or was work-related.
What can I do if my claim is denied?
You will receive a letter from the insurance company or your employer stating that your workers’ compensation claim has been denied. You will also find the deadline for an appeal in the letter. If a resolution cannot be reached between you and your employer or insurance carrier, you should file an appeal immediately. If you decide to file an appeal, one of the first steps you should take is to retain the services of an attorney who will assist you with this process. Your attorney will work to gather evidence relating to your case to support your claim to prove that you deserve workers’ compensation. This may include evidence that proves the claim was filed properly, the injury is work-related, and that you received proper medical care. The appeal can then be drafted and presented to the court with your attorney’s assistance.
If you have become the victim of an on-the-job injury, it may be beneficial to speak with an attorney and the doctor that is treating you to determine how to make the process as easy as possible. AllianceMeds understands that a workplace accident can be challenging and is here to help. We will deliver your medication to your door using overnight delivery and cover any out-of-pocket expenses that may arise. If you have any questions about how we can help, contact AllianceMeds today.