If you have sustained injuries in a workplace accident in Wisconsin, continue reading to learn your rights as an employee and the steps you should take following your accident. For assistance with this process, do not hesitate to reach out to our team at AllianceMeds.
What are my rights as an employee in Wisconsin?
Employees in Wisconsin have the following rights:
- Employees in Wisconsin have the right to confidentiality.
- Employees in Wisconsin have the right to receive workers’ compensation benefits
- However, if it can be proven that you injured yourself intentionally, injured yourself while voluntarily participating in off-duty activities, or injured yourself during fighting or fooling around on the job, you will likely not the entitled to workers’ compensation benefits.
- Employees in Wisconsin have the right to a first and second choice of doctors licensed to practice in Wisconsin. If an insurance carrier reached a mutual agreement, you may receive treatment from an out-of-state or third-choice doctor.
- Employees in Wisconsin have the right to seek medical assistance from another doctor for emergency treatment, upon referral from the original choice of doctors, or within the same partnership/clinic as the original doctor
- Employees in Wisconsin have the right to receive medical treatment for the type of work-related injury or illness sustained.
What should I do after I’ve been injured on the job in Wisconsin?
There are a few steps that you should take following your workplace accident to recover the compensation you deserve. Take the following steps after sustaining injuries in an accident on the job:
- Alert your employer and inform them of your accident as soon as possible.
- Seek medical treatment immediately.
- Be sure to tell your doctors how you sustained your injuries.
- Submit to reasonable examinations by the insurance carrier.
- If your income changes, tell your insurance carrier, and be sure to let them know how they can reach you.
If you have been injured on the job in Wisconsin, it is important to take action as soon as possible. To learn more about the process ahead, reach out to an experienced workers’ compensation attorney today. Contact our team at AllianceMeds to learn more about our services and how we can assist you. We are here to help.
If you have become the victim of an on-the-job injury, it may be beneficial to speak with an attorney and the doctor that is treating you to determine how to make the process as easy as possible. AllianceMeds understands that a workplace accident can be challenging and is here to help. We will deliver your medication to your door using overnight delivery and cover any out-of-pocket expenses that may arise. If you have any questions about how we can help, contact AllianceMeds today.