In most professionals, people usually do not consider the idea of being involved in an accident when they go to work every day. However, an unfortunate reality is that an accident can happen anywhere, at any time, to anyone. These accidents can result in a variety of expenses and lost wages, which is why workers’ compensation may be provided. Continue reading below to learn more about what benefits are available under workers compensation law in California.
What Benefits are Available?
In California, employees can receive a variety of benefits to assist them while they are recovering from a workplace accident. This can include the following:
- Medical care: This provides coverage for medical expenses related to the injury.
- Temporary disability benefits: Payments are available if an employee loses wages due to their inability to return to work after the injury.
- Permanent disability benefits: Payments in the event that the injured employee does not recover from the injury completely.
- Supplemental job displacement benefits: If the individual’s injury is from 2004 or later, they may receive vouchers to pay for retraining or skill enhancement if they do not recover completely and cannot return to work.
- Death benefits: Payments to a spouse, child, or other dependents if the employee dies from the accident or their injuries.
What To Do After a Workplace Accident
After a workplace accident, it is important to notify a supervisor or employer as soon as possible. This ensures they are aware that the accident took place and can begin the process of recovering workers’ compensation for them. In addition to this, be sure to receive medical attention immediately so that the injury is treated and documented for the state Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC). In order to receive benefits, the employee must fill out a claim form and give it to their employer. Employers are required to provide employees with a claim form within a day after being notified of their injuries.
If you have become the victim of an on the job injury, it may be beneficial to speak with an attorney and the doctor that is treating you to determine how to make the process as easy as possible. AllianceMeds understands that a workplace accident can be challenging and is here to help. We will deliver your medication to your door using overnight delivery and cover any out of pocket expenses that may arise. If you have any questions about how we can help, contact AllianceMeds today.