When someone is injured on the job, they often seek workers’ compensation benefits to help them recover the financial assistance they need to cover the cost of their medical bills and other expenses associated with their work-related injury. That being said, if you are someone who has recently been injured on the job in Kentucky, it is in your best interests to first have a firm understanding of the workers’ compensation laws in Kentucky. Please continue reading and contact AllianceMeds and speak with our experienced team to learn more about how we can help. Here are some of the questions you may have:
Which employees are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits in Kentucky?
Unfortunately, not all those who are employed in Kentucky are considered employees. The only employees covered under workers’ compensation in Kentucky are as follows:
- Those who work under contact for hire
- Employees of the state, or of a city or county in Kentucky
- Executive officers of corporations
- Those who work for the police department
- Those who work for school districts
- Helpers and assistance of formal employees
- Those who are under contracts of apprenticeship
- Those who sell/deliver newspapers
- Anyone who works for a trade profession or business
- Volunteer firefighters/medical workers
Which employees are not covered under workers’ compensation in Kentucky?
Unfortunately, there are several employees that are not covered under Kentucky’s workers’ compensation laws. Employees that are not entitled to workers’ compensation benefits in Kentucky are as follow:
- Agriculture employers and employees
- Domestic workers who work in private homes who work less than 40 hours per week.
- Individuals who work for sustenance with charitable or religious organizations
- All those who are covered by a Federal Act
- Voluntary carpools
- All those who reject it
If you have any additional questions, or you are someone who has received workers’ compensation benefits and you require medication immediately, AllianceMeds is here to help. Our experienced team will deliver your medication right to your door overnight, and we will cover any out of pocket expenses. Give us a call today to learn more about how we can help you heal.
If you have become the victim of an on the job injury, it may be beneficial to speak with an attorney and the doctor that is treating you to determine how to make the process as easy as possible. AllianceMeds understands that a workplace accident can be challenging and is here to help. We will deliver your medication to your door using overnight delivery and cover any out of pocket expenses that may arise. If you have any questions about how we can help, contact AllianceMeds today.