When going to work every day, you probably do not expect to become injured. Unfortunately, injuries can happen anywhere, at any time. Read on to learn more about what jobs have the highest injury rates, the most common workplace injuries, and what to do if you become injured on the job.
What Jobs Have the Highest Injury Rates?
The top 5 jobs with the highest injury rates include service workers (such as firefighters and police officers), transportation and shipping workers, manufacturing and production workers, installation/maintenance and repair workers, and construction workers. While some jobs may be more dangerous than others, it is important to know that you can sustain a serious injury at any job, and it is important to get the help you need as soon as an injury occurs.
What are the Most Common Workplace Injuries?
Workplace injuries can include a wide variety of issues. According to the National Safety Council, the most common types of injuries that keep employees out of work include:
- sprains, strains, or muscle tears
- soreness or pain
- overexertion, such as repetitive motions and lifting/lowering
- being struck, crushed, or caught in a structure
- slip or trip and fall accidents
What do I do if I am Injured on the Job?
If you have been injured at work, there are a number of important steps to take in order to receive workers’ compensation. Be sure to:
- Inform your employer of your accident immediately.
- Receive reasonable medical or surgical treatment. If the treatment may endanger your life or limbs, however, you may refuse.
- Tell the doctors exactly how the injury occurred.
- Submit to reasonable examinations scheduled by the insurance carrier.
- Tell the insurance carrier if your income changes.
- Tell the insurance carrier how they can reach you.
- Reach out to an experienced workers’ compensation attorney right away.
If you have been injured on the job, our firm is here to help. We will fight to recover the compensation you deserve.
If you have become the victim of an on-the-job injury, it may be beneficial to speak with an attorney and the doctor that is treating you to determine how to make the process as easy as possible. AllianceMeds understands that a workplace accident can be challenging and is here to help. We will deliver your medication to your door using overnight delivery and cover any out-of-pocket expenses that may arise. If you have any questions about how we can help, contact AllianceMeds today.