If you are injured at work, you may need compensation to cover the burdens of lost wages, medical bills, and more. But, in some cases, your workers’ compensation claim will be denied. Read on to learn more.
Reasons a Claim Would be Denied
There are a number of reasons why a person’s claim for workers’ compensation may be denied. This can include:
- The injury was not reported in time. Each state has different laws regarding the amount of time a person has to report the incident and injury to an employer in order to receive benefits.
- The insurance claim was not filed in time. This can lead to the denial of the claim.
- The individual’s employer successfully disputed the claim. This may be if they claim the injuries happened as a result of horseplay or the person was performing non-work-related tasks when they became injured.
- The injury is not compensable. For example, a stress-related injury can be difficult for a person to prove in court.
- The injured party did not receive medical treatment. If a doctor is not seen, an employer can claim the individual was not truly injured.
- If you cannot prove that the injury occurred at work and is work-related, the claim may be denied.
What do I do if my Claim is Denied?
If your workers’ compensation claim is denied, you will most likely receive a letter from the insurance company or your employer stating so. In addition, the letter will also acknowledge a deadline for an appeal. In the event that a resolution cannot be reached between you and your employer or insurance carrier, an appeal should be filed immediately. If you need to file an appeal, you should reach out to an attorney as soon as possible. You can work with an attorney to gather evidence relating to your case in order to prove that deserve workers’ compensation. This can include evidence that shows the claim was filed properly, the injury is work-related, and that you received proper medical care and follower your doctor’s advice. After a thorough investigation, the appeal can be drafted and presented to the court.
If your workers’ compensation claim has been denied, our firm is here to help. Reach out today to discuss your case.
If you have become the victim of an on-the-job injury, it may be beneficial to speak with an attorney and the doctor that is treating you to determine how to make the process as easy as possible. AllianceMeds understands that a workplace accident can be challenging and is here to help. We will deliver your medication to your door using overnight delivery and cover any out-of-pocket expenses that may arise. If you have any questions about how we can help, contact AllianceMeds today