If you have been injured on the job, you are likely entitled to recover workers’ compensation. But, in order to recover the compensation you deserve, there are some important steps to take. Failing to take these steps can mean losing your opportunity to recover the compensation you need and deserve to heal. Some of the most common mistakes when it comes to a workplace injury include:
- Failure to Report the Injury
- When an injury or illness is sustained at work, it is critical that it is reported to the employer or supervisor immediately in writing. This will allow the process of recovering workers’ compensation to begin. Waiting too long to report the injury can increase the chances that the claim may be denied.
- Not Seeking Treatment
- You should seek medical attention immediately after an accident occurs. This ensures that your injuries are treated by a medical professional, while simultaneously providing you with proof of the origin and extent of your injuries. Make sure to ask your doctor for a copy of any medical documents, as these may be used in your workers’ compensation case.
- Additionally, you must follow your doctor’s orders. Failing to do so can indicate that your injury is not actually that serious or that you purposely worsened the injury. This will greatly impact your claim.
- Failing to Keep Proper Records
- A person who suffers from a workplace injury or illness should keep detailed and honest records of all things pertaining to the incident. This can include everything from hours missed from work to various medical expenses, doctor’s visits, and so on.
- Handling the Claim Alone
- As stated previously, the process of recovering workers’ compensation can be tricky. There is also a chance that the claim can be denied and require an appeal. It is in your best interest to contact a workers’ compensation attorney as soon as possible. A skilled attorney will walk you through the process and fight to help you recover the compensation you deserve.
If you have been injured at work, reach out to our firm today.
If you have become the victim of an on-the-job injury, it may be beneficial to speak with an attorney and the doctor that is treating you to determine how to make the process as easy as possible. AllianceMeds understands that a workplace accident can be challenging and is here to help. We will deliver your medication to your door using overnight delivery and cover any out-of-pocket expenses that may arise. If you have any questions about how we can help, contact AllianceMeds today.